National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cleo146
Breaking free from Negative Thinking

Hello!
I have been recovered from anorexia for 8 years. I’ve been totally recovered from bulimia for 4 years. And pretty recovered from binge eating disorder.

I went through lots of inpatient, outpatient treatment. But what now is my therapy is mixed martial arts training, getting help from my loved ones, and holding down my demanding job.. I am not perfect with recovery. But I’m so much better off.

I still struggle with perfectionist thoughts. I still struggle with trauma from having messed up stuff in the past. For example, the holidays are still scary for me. I’m still afraid maybe each year I will spin out of control like I used to. I still feel like if I don’t do all the right stuff- I can spin out of control again.

I guess what I mean is that I still feel like I have a monster inside of me & I can’t ever just go through a day totally chill. I am scared of occupying too much space in my head with OVERTHINKING, negative thinking, self hating thoughts.
I don’t want to go through life so worried about my own stuff that I miss out on making memories with loved ones.
Any suggestions for ways to clear out negative thinking?
Or suggestions for how to think more positively ?

Tryingtoheal
Now

How are you doing?