National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Allexkat96
I feel I will never get control

I have had a food addiction/binge eating disorder for longer than I can remember. I can't put my finger on a time in my life that it started just when I realised, and that was about 3 years ago, im 25 now. I don't know how to begin recovery but I want it bad. I want to be healthy and not have such an obsession over food. I wanna just eat to live and not the other way round. Because of covid and being at home all the time I have put on about X pounds. despite my ED was able to maintain a relatively healthy weight. Now however I don't wanna leave my house, im obese and all I think about is food and crave the feeling of being full. I guess I need help on where to start or maybe some tips to recovery. TIA

_admin_moderator
Allexkat96

Hi Allexkat96, welcome to the forums. We’re glad you’re here. We slightly edited your post to remove a weight number - you can review our community guidelines here 

If you need assistance finding resources, we encourage you to contact the NEDA Helpline at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET. Additionally, you can chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET. Please don’t hesitate to reach out and take care.

2Healthy4me
Me Too

I guess we just have to try harder to have a healthier outlook on our lives, beginning with our bodies and what we feed them.....?

AJ1820
I get it!

I resonate with everything you've said! It's so frustrating knowing I'm not hungry but still continue eating. I know what I should eat to be more energetic, less bloated, and in a better mood but just keep rolling back to junk that leaves me tired, cranky and dissatisfied.

2Healthy4me
Perhaps it's Time for an Annual Physical Med Check Up?

There could be a number of things making you feel this way.

A start would be to get a check up from a general physician.

Then check in w/ a counselor or nutritionist

and f/o how to better nourish yourself.

There is all kinds of info if you Google

a key word like Nutritious Eating, or Recipes

for your eating preferences. Are you in therapy.

1 on 1 therapy has helped me a lot.

The physical issues are part of my aging process.

But I also had relatives who suffered from

health issues so you just never know.

They do blood work and labs to check all functions

and alert you if there is a need for any extra meds,

or treatment at the doctor's.

GOOD LUCK on your Healing Journey

LSBW8814
Hello

Hi, I can relate very much. I have been calling off work because of my depression and binging and it's super embarrassing because I don't feel like the people at work will understand. Thing is, I know exactly what I need to do, or at least the first right step but I don't feel like I can do it. Maybe asking for help is okay and good.