National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fidget1087
Resources for financial assistance for treatment

I'm currently experiencing a full relapse of anorexia. My doctor has stated that at this point in my illness, it would be best for me to seek inpatient treatment. However, I am self employed (I teach piano) and if I take 3-4 weeks, I don't get paid. On top of that, my husband makes very little. We can only just afford bills as it is. I'm exploring intensive outpatient as an option as well, but even that would interrupt my schedule for teaching. No matter what way we go, it's looking to be difficult for us to afford the level of care I need. I'm overwhelmed and depressed and don't know what to do. Does anybody know if there is any sort of financial assistance that exists for inpatient treatment. We do have insurance, but I don't think it would cover much of it. Thanks in advance.

_admin_moderator
Fidget1087

Hi Fidget1087, welcome to the forums. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on. We encourage you to reach out the NEDA Helpline at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET for help finding treatment options and support. Additionally, you can chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET. Your recovery matters, and we hope you stay safe and take care. 

2Healthy4me
A New Job with Benefits ................

seems like an obvious solution, ha?
Then there's always the college route and student insurance.
Perhaps use video therapy appointments;
they are more convenient for your available times.
There has got to be a way you can deal with your ED situation.
I wish you Good Luck in your RECOVERY.
Take 1 Day at a Time...