National Eating Disorders Association

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Depressedkid_1
Relapse or just forgetful?

So lately I've been eating but i haven't been eating enough. It's normally bc nothing sounds good or i seem to forget. But today i almost passed out at tbe pool due to dehydration and malnutrition. I don't feel like this is a relapse and i feel like I'm just a bit forgetful but idk if other people would consider it a relapse. Any advice? I really don't feel like it is a relapse And I feel like I have been doing really good in recovery though.

Tryingtoheal
Talk to

Your doctor. That's the only person who can give you an accurate answer.

Annet
Hi Depressedkid,

Fainting, even when you are in recovery, is something that needs to be investigated further.
I do not think you are relapsing but maybe you are having some slip. Only you know if you have been really forgetting about eating or if your ED has been the one making you feel less hungry or asking you to eat less.

In recovery, it is common to not feel hungry. It is in those moments when we need to eat no matter what. Otherwise, our body that has just started to heal and to repair itself can immediately notice a reduction in your intake and faint/feel bad.

Keep going. You are working hard on recovery and deserve to be well.

Annet

Depressedkid_1
Hi Annet,

Thamks for the advice, i want to tell my friends abt me getting dizzy a d almost fainting but they think I'm doing so good in recovery. I don't want them to worry. I am doing good in fact i would say I'm doing great. This is just a little thing i gotta get under control. Sometimes i just don't feel that hungry and my stomach starts to hutt if I eat when I'm not hungry. But other than that I'm doing really good, I'm gettimg baptized in 5 days! And I'm gonna start singing for my church's worship team! :) i hope your doing well

_admin_moderator
Take care!

Hi Depressedkid - you mentioned dizziness, dehydration, and malnutrition in your post, all of which are serious health concerns. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention: •accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury •become suicidal •confused thinking and is not making any sense •delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there) •disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are •vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea •experiencing dizziness or fainting spells •too weak to walk or collapses •painful muscle spasms •complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing •blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit •a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16 •an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute) •cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit. If you experience any of the above, we highly recommend that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Another option is 911. Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you: •have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating •have other gastrointestinal concerns •have high blood pressure •struggle with significant joint or muscle pain •have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep) •struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss •have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst •have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly •have gained significant weight in a short period of time •struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipation. Please take good care of yourself.

Tryingtoheal
If

You're fainting, feeling light headed, then You're not doing well. You need medical attention and you need professional help. Go to your doctor for bloodwork. This is why you need professional help. So you get this help. You cannot make it without outside help.

Depressedkid_1
Well,

As soon as i get more food in my body, I'll be fine. I've been in the same place before. I just need more food. But i am doing good, i feel fine other than that one time of getting dizzy.

Tryingtoheal
What if

You're potassium is low? Potassium is important because it can affect your heart. The only way to figure that out is to get blood work done. Get help. It's dangerous to go through the refeeding process. What if you need a tube due to not eating enough. You're body is trying to tell you it needs help and it needs it asap. Please go to the hospital. They run every test available to figure out exactly what needs to be done. People will worry more right now since you aren't getting help to get better.

Depressedkid_1
I can't,

I have youth group tmrw, i have to babysitting every day and i get baptized on Sunday. I am getting better. Just because i need to eat a little more doesn't mean i need to go to the hospital. I know I'm doing better. I feel better other than that one time of getting dizzy. I'm not meaning to seem annoyed or start an argument I'm just stating that other than that one time of getting dizzy i feel fine. In fact i feel more than fine, i feel great. I just asked if it was considered a relapse if i kept forgetting to eat. But I'll eat more and then within a week I'll feel better :)

2Healthy4me
It Sounds as if You are in a Fish bowl Full of Responsibility

It's all a part of growing up.

Sometimes when our plate is More than Half full

is when we forget about something important like eating a meal,

or even showing up to babysit for a new family.

It's all a Balancing Act that fits into growing up

and feeling like you are still a part of the community,

and still able to nurture yourself too.

Take care and keep up the Good Work.

I will pray that you make it through adolescence,

and actually enjoy your phase of human development too.

Depressedkid_1
Thank you

I had to read it a few times to understand but I get what your saying now lol. Being busy and having a lot of responsibilities does make it hard to remember to do important stuff. I’m keeping up the work and fighting my ED to get better :) I will pray for you too! This is just a little bump in my road to recovery but God can use it for good, I know that.