National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
mandycc2419
Please help

I’ve never used an online support group before. So I’m not really sure how this works but I’m desperate. I’ve been diagnosed with BED about 4 years ago. During this time I’ve completely lost myself. I’ve gained weight, gotten severely depressed, and even stayed in a residential facility. I don’t now where to go from here. I don’t know how to make this stop. What should I do?

Annet
Hi Mandy,

If you have already been in a residential facility, I am sure you are familiar with some treatment options. Why don't you look for some profesional help? For example, a therapist, a dietician, a phychiastrist?

BED can be caused due to many reasons and sometimes, medication and therapy can help to get our lives under control.

In my case, when I struggled with BED, eating with people and just picking up my allowed portion helped a lot. Also, ensuring that I was eating regurlarly during the day and working on my anxiety helped.

For BED, medication helped a lot. If you are depressed, that could also give you a hand. Of course, I am not a doctor and I can not tell you if you need it or not. But that was my personal experience. I still remember when I started with medication telling to myself, why I didn't see a phychiatrist before?

By then, I worked in parallel with a phychologist and that helped me stop binging.

It is possible and you can do it. Just look for some help.

With regards to the forum, there is always someone around. You can always come and write about how you are feeling. Someone will get back to you.

Cheers
Annet

mandycc2419
Hello

I do work with a psychiatrist and therapist. I can’t find a good dietician. Do you know of any good online support groups? Thank you so much for your kind words. You’ve given me hope that I can get better.

_admin_moderator
mandycc249

Hi mandycc249, thank you for posting on the forums. We edited your post slightly to remove a specific weight number, which is not allowed on the forums – you can review our community guidelines hereIf you need assistance finding resources or support groups, please contact the NEDA Helpline at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET. Additionally, you can chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET. If you feel you are in crisis, you can also text “NEDA” to 741-741 or reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, which can be reached at 1-800- 273- TALK (8255). Your well-being matters, and we hope you stay safe and take care.