National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
amattox
Help

Hey-
I feel stupid for reaching out. I have had a horrible year with this disorder. I have battled to find a therapist and dietician and now my dietician lost her job. I feel so alone. I just developed a rapport with her. Now seeing a therapist after severe verbal abuse from previous therapist. I feel stuck. I’m not doing well. They want me to go inpatient or IOP and I can’t because of my job. I will lose my job and my insurance. I feel like i”m dying inside. I sick of exercise restriction. I just want to do things aside from sitting around. Severe digestive issues when i try and follow the meal plan. Dont have a support other then someone who doesn’t get it. Some days the depression gets so bad that I just don’t want to fight anymore. Just easier. How do i push through this? Can they actually force me into treatment? I worked so hard to get my job and this has been my dream since a kid and its very very active.

_admin_moderator
amattox

Hi amattox, we’re glad you reached out and that you’re here on the forums. You deserve support in your recovery. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the NEDA helpline if you feel like you need more support or access to more resources. The helpline phone hours are Monday through Thursday 11am-9pm ET and Friday 9am-5pm ET and can be reached by calling 800-932-2237; you can also use the online chat to speak to someone Monday through Thursday 9am-9pm ET and Friday 9am-5pm ET. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Crisis Text Line are also available resources; if you’re ever feeling overcome with stress, please don’t hesitate to contact the lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) and the Crisis Text Line by texting “NEDA” to 741741. Please stay safe and take care - you are not alone.

2Healthy4me
An Entire Day OFF to Refresh my MIND

At work, at least in my retail job, I am becoming a tad stressed over being given directions by different people during my 6 hr work shift.

I'm kind of perfectionistic, and therefore I like to complete a task from yesterday, the following day. I like that I know what I need to do. However the shift leader doesn't allow me to finish tasks from yesterday during their shift.

They differ on meal break times, my tasks for the day, instead of just allowing me to hold the keys and continue on with yesterday's task.

They have me begin an entirely different task, and it just seems so pointless. These people at work raise their voices and seem to snap under pressure.

Some customer's are favored over others. I know Macy's always had security around my back and it felt very supportive. They would even walk a few guys out who seemed to be doing more Casing than Browsing while at Macy's.

Well, I have 3 days off from my job and it feels good.

My computer has gone back on line. It's on a Metered Internet Access so I need to figure out what I need to do w/o making the net crash on me all over again.

During my days off from work I tend to Restrict, or Fast. I had a small breakfast, and haven't considered what the heck I'm gonna eat for a lunch meal, or dinner....

I am just refreshed to not be on a clock today. Thank God my laptop is online again too.

I have another job interview scheduled for another retail store. I would not be required to clean RR's or walk into huge freezers to check the night temperature of the refrigerated foods, no using a small hand held phone like apparatus to prepare people's mail orders. They just don't seem to understand that I have a visual impairment so this task is beyond my comfort zone due to my very near sighted vision.

I would be working in a brand new retail clothing discount store. The only problem is that I have gained some unwanted weight while off from my 2 last jobs this past year.

This new job would require me to at least wear nice pants and decent business casual blouses. I hate buying clothes if I have gained weight and inches. That would be the hardest part of this type of new job.

Otherwise, I might miss the company benefits of where I'm currently working. But I was hired as a Cashier and now they are just trying to make me do technical tasks beyond my comfort zone, and would be straining eyes and running around w/ deadlines to fulfill customer orders.

I'm Old School, I applied as a cashier/csr but not an online shopper. This just seems like a bit Much.....