National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
FoggyPeak
Seeking a mentor, or teammate in recovery

Hello all!

I am a male, 30, with a binge eating disorder. A brief history-- fitness is a huge part of my life, so of course it only makes sense than it would be enveloped in one of the biggest struggles in my life. I am prone to big time sugar binges, and am able to admit that it's a problem, I'm addicted, and I need help.

I'm currently going through a recovery book - In it, one of the principle parts is getting help from others, even complete strangers, ideally with a recovery plan of their own, to help keep each other on the set path to fighting this battle and winning daily.

If any of you are interested in helping me on my quest, I can gladly be that partner-in-crime for you as well, as iron sharpens iron, and we help each other win this tough, lifelong battle. If so, please private message me a brief description of what you deal with, and I'll respond as soon as I can and we can swap emails for further communication!
Thanks guys, hoping to get the help I need and in turn, assist others!!

_admin_moderator
FoggyPeak

Hi FoggyPeak, welcome to the forums. We would like to inform you that we slightly edited your post to remove the name of a specific recovery program, which is not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Additionally, to protect privacy, users cannot share personal information, but please feel free to use the forums as a space to give and receive support. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

BobJ48
Hey Bud,

For various reasons, what you can and cannot talk about here is severely restricted, but if you poke around on the web a little, you'll discover that there are other forums where you can talk much more freely.

Be sure to take a look at the Information they have here though. Also. if you are looking for a therapist, I suspect the NEDA helpline can help you with that.

Otherwise, yes; people can find themselves stuck in some difficult situations alright. It's doesn't need to mean that we are weak-willed, it's just that old brain of ours, and the sorts of vulnerabilities that it's often subject to.

understandingth...
I am Trying To Progress As Well

Hello, I need a teammate as well to progress. I have been battling food binging and am also a huge fitness enthusiast who does exercise often, for some reason there is an urge to over consume. I would like to work with you, but do not know how to contact you at all, cause we can't place information up, so please someone who reads this from NEDA.org please let me know how I can contact this person. I am just trying to get through this with someone who is experiencing this. Friends and therapists can't understand what they do not experience on a day to day monotonous path.

Scoobystones
Here to offer help and get help

Guys.. Would love to collaborate.. If you Guys are interested, do reply here.. We can explore how we can get in touch..

Tryingtoheal
Unfortunately

That is not allowed on here.