National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue44
Triggered by sick headache

Yesterday I had a bad nauseous headache. It was easy to purge. I did it intentionally. Now I feel like I want to purge today too
I’ve never had bulimia just anorexia

Annet
Stop it there!

Hi Blue44,

PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT START WITH THE BULIMIA SLIPPERY SLOPE!
Once you begin, you find yourself unable to stop and believe me, it is HELL.
If anorexia is horrible, combined anorexia with bulimia or purging behaviors is even WORSE.
You do not want to try it... Really...
So, stop it there... If you are working with a therapist, talk to her/him.
This is the right time to avoid falling down into purging.

I send you a warm hug and please resist the urges. They will go away.

Annet

_admin_moderator
Blue44

Hi Blue44 – we encourage you to talk with someone or reach out for support. If you are in crisis, text "NEDA" to 741-741. The NEDA helpline can be reached by phone M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET at 800.931.2237, or chat online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET. You are not alone. Please continue to reach out to the forums as well – we hope they are a supportive space for you.  

Blue44
Thanks for support

Thank you Annet and moderators for the support. I don’t have a therapist currently but I will talk to my psychiatrist tomorrow at my appointment. I’m really struggling right now with thoughts.

hermione3
I hope you don’t start

I hope you don’t start purging I wish I never went down that rabbit hole I am anorexia binge purge sub type and it’s so hard to stop I wish you the best please keep reaching out for help

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources