National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kaisa
free online therapy?

hi, my friend recently came forward about struggling with an ED. they believe therapy would help, but thinks that telling their parents wouldn't be helpful (parents most likely won't pay for therapy). i was wondering if anyone knows some free online counseling/therapy resources?

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi, Kaisa, welcome to the forums! We are glad you are here to seek help for your friend. Here at NEDA we have a resource from our website you may find helpful in finding free/affordable ED treatment, here is the link: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/helpline-financial-II. We wish you and your friend the best during this time and again, welcome!

alancorea
I can suggest the group

I can suggest the group therapies. They really help.

bunntea
X

Hi! This may be too late to do any good, but I can recommend X, previously known as X. It's a free chatroom service with certified counselors that can help people talk through things in a safe group setting. I hope this helps!

_admin_moderator
Dear bunntea

While we appreciate your support of another member we are writing to let you know that we have had to edit your post of the outside resource you suggested as this is not permitted on the forums. If you have any questions please feel free to review our community guidelines or give us a call at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET or chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources