National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hermione3
Feeling like a failure

I am not even on my full usual meal plan as I am not ready I am supposed to add something though but it has been hard and I feel guilty when I do well. I am anxious about work next week I am working with all different kids I list my whole class. My kids moved up to preschool others moved out of state I am just sad it won’t be the same. I am not working with my coteacher and I feel lost and sad and I can’t handle it they have tough kids in that class I am tired I just can’t handle much right now. Trauma stuff is hitting me and starting with a new therapist has been hard sometimes I miss my old one even if I feel I made the right decision. I saw her for 12 years it’s just hard. My parents do nice things but when I talk they don’t listen...like they offer zero emotional support and I struggle seeing people who are close with their siblings I feel such a loss because my brother abused me horribly but it’s a loss... I feel so alone and sad and broken also like my friend just published a kids book most of my friends have better jobs don’t need as much financial support from my parents. Still not over my eating disorder and trauma...I am just a failure

Miggi
That's not true! You are NOT

That's not true! You are NOT a failure! You are a blessing! I can understand wanting things to stay the same with your class, but things can't stay the same forever. And who knows, you may love this class even more and it will be a new and exciting experience. You will get to teach and nurture a whole new crop of kids. Your guidance will be spread to even more people! I am also sorry to hear about your therapist, it can be hard to find someone to trust in that way. I get it, but like I said, things are always changing and growing, and we must change and grow with them. Also, maybe you should tell your parents directly that you feel unheard, because your feelings matter. I am very sorry about your brother, you are a strong person and these things cannot break you. Best wishes hermione3.

hermione3
Thanks for the support. I don

Thanks for the support. I don't even know how long I will be with this class due to this Covid stuff everything is different at work. I don't like not knowing my nutritionist knows me well and she said yea you don't like unknown you like control. I know how tough this class is and I just am not emotionally up to it I am tired of toddlers. I want to do the elementary education thing I planned after treatment but those plans are just on hold but it is just hard. My friends are just further along in life then me I fail. I like my new therapist it is just different. I am tired of all the changes its exhausting. I can't tell my parents that they don't get it and they don't like to talk about serious stuff it is a pointless conversation that has come up in family therapy so it is beating a dead horse with them. it is just so much is different right now and just emotionally I am exhausted...

_admin_moderator
hermione3

Dear hermione3 – we are sorry you’re experiencing these difficult feelings and we are concerned about your well-being. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text "NEDA" to 741-741 if you are in crisis. We encourage you to reach out and please take care – you are not alone.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources