National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
tryingtobebrave
Weight loss / body image

I guess this is the right place to post this? Not sure if anyone checks this forum.
Is anyone else struggling with Adele’s weight loss being praised by the media? It’s started to make me more ashamed of my body more than I have in a long time. It makes me feel like I am “less” than I was at a lower weight.

BobJ48
The Public's view of Weight loss.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Oh boy, this public figure lost all of this weight (just like society is constantly be pressuring us to do!!) so we sorta gotta heap all this praise on them, even if in the back of our minds we suspect that something…not that healthy…may have been going on to produce those results.

But even if that were the case, what's our excuse for not doing the same, because look at how much "better" she's become !!

So yeah, lots of mixed messages that's for sure. An lots of messages that play on guilt too.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources