National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Taking a break

I just wanted to thank everybody for how supportive you have all been to me. And right now I know I need to take a break from this forum. It is causing my brain to feel like I need to be a certain way, to stay sick in order to get support and love, etc. It also causes me to feel that if I'm not doing things that keep me "anorexic," then I'm not really sick and I don't really belong here. I know that this is not logical. And I know that this really should not be true. I just know that right now I do need to take a break. I need to feel like I am normal. Like I don't have to be a person with an eating disorder. Like I am just me. This is nothing that anybody on this forum has done. Please know that. I just need to be trying to do things by myself right now. I love you all and I wish you all the best.

iwanttolive
alwaysthinking

Hi friend. As much as I love seeing you here frequently, I think it makes perfect sense. I am often told that by my parents that I need to stop being on here and move on and be more focused on new and different things. Not that it is wrong to be posting at all. But it may help you to not feel so focused on the eating and to be more free. I wish you the best and know I will still pray for you and think good thought towards you. If you need to pop in once and again for support, please feel free. Otherwise, hugs and hugs. It makes perfect sense to me and I have taken time off myself at different times. Again, hugs.

iwanttolive

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources