National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
catherine1
Recovery from Laxatives

hi

was wondering if anybody has any assistance i recovered from laxative eating disorder and have put on a good bit of weight. i am healhy now exercising , tracking calories but no matter what i do i dont seem to be loosing anything i would only like to loose a bit to get back to normal but i have been stuggling to loose anything over this last 6 -12 months

thanks

2Healthy4me
Great to Hear that You are Rcecovering from Laxatives

I hear the frustration in how the body reacts to people coming off of Laxatives. Are you on any meds that make it extra challenging for your body, and causes water retention?
Have you asked your Dr what they think is the solution to this side effect of laxative recovery?
I hear prune juice is a healthy way to move the bowels w/o any side effects except having bowel movements.
Lite exercise is always useful for me, daily. Also drink plenty of fluids, water is best. Call and schedule a med exam and see what other options are available for you. I saw a dietician in the past and the Dr. They also monitored my food plan.
Good Luck and I hope you are able to reach out to your peers for support as well as professionals here and in your local community.

_admin_moderator
Dear iFast2eat

We are writing to inform you that we have had to edit your post of content that is not permitted on the forums. Please refrain from giving medical advice and discussing names of treatments and medications. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to our NEDA Helpline at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET. Additionally you can review the community guidelines here https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelines 

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources