National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue44
Anxiety

I have had a lot of anxiety lately. Eating is difficult. I’m not happy with my life. Things are difficult. I’m coping by restricting and taking too much of my anxiety medicine so that I can sleep. I feel terrible about myself.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi there. I really sorry you are having such a difficult time with anxiety. It is very challenging time. Even those who do not have an eating disorder or diagnosis are struggling right now.
Are you able to get out for a walk? I color mandala's. I find it helpful to focus on these while listening to a teaching or a book on tape. Do you have anything like this to occupy your mind and time? I am sorry for this difficult time. I know that we can get through this because we have Jesus. It is still challenging but Jesus promises He will help us. Please be careful with your medication. They won't fill it early and you may have a tough time if that happens. Also it isn't safe. Please keep posting. I have to go for now

Tryingtoheal
Unfortunately

we aren't allowed to mention outside links or give religious advice.

_admin_moderator
Dear iwanttolive, we would

Dear iwanttolive, we would like to inform you that we edited your post to remove the outside link, which is not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post. 

_admin_moderator
Dear Blue44

We are sorry to hear you are struggling right now and want to remind you that you can always reach out to the NEDA helpline at 800.931.2237,  M-TH 11am-9pm ET and 11am-5pm ET. If you feel that you are in crisis do not hesitate to text “NEDA” to 741-741. Stay strong and take care!

Blue44
It’s a struggle at night.

At night is when I really struggle with wanting to take more than a dose of anxiety medicine. I am trying to distract myself but it’s not working.
Thanks iwanttolive And Admin moderator for your support.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources