National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Zaynab
Support

Hi. I’m really glad I found this forum. I’d like to introduce myself and share a little of my story. I’ve always had some unhealthy tendencies around food but about a year ago things got really bad. I have been battling OCD for a while now and anorexia kind of took the wheel as I was making it through the OCD. I’ve been struggling more and more everyday and finding a loss of hope. My therapist has been bringing up hospitalization a lot and I’m really scared of how far this will all go for me. When I was diagnosed with OCD I found an app for support and eventually connect with a few members through Instagram. The people I met on that app and made an instagram group chat with helped me recover in ways I can’t even begin to describe... they quite honestly saved my life. I have been very lonely with the eating disorder and am so glad to have found this community. Having people to relate to and support was a huge positive for my OCD recovery and I’m hoping to find similar support for the ED.

alwaysthinking
Welcome

Hi, just wanted welcome you to The Forum. I hope you are able to continue to share your story and get the support that you deserve here. I also hope that you are able to get whatever help that you need through your therapist and doctor. And whatever they feel that you need.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources