National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to me. How are YOU doing? I am okay. Everything is a big ? Mark but I wi) keep my eyes on Jesus. He is my Rock and stability and if I remind myself of this fact, I will be able to handle the unknown. Take care.

iwanttolive

Blue44
I’m struggling

I appreciate you asking about me. Actually I’m not doing well. I have extreme anxiety (because my husband is very stressed and hates his job). I feel very depressed and worthless because I don’t know how to help. He is looking for another job but hasn’t had any success finding one yet. I just don’t know how much longer I can live this way.
Thanks again for asking about me. Sorry my response is negative.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi Blue44. I just want to say that an honest answer to a caring question is not being negative. It is being honest and the best way to get support. That is what we are here for. I am sorry you are struggling in dealing with your husband's stress and hating his job. Have you any ideas on how to help yourself cope with the anxiety, that will work if you are home now with the virus? Have you asked your husband what he needs from you during his stressful time? I am sorry this makes you feel worthless. You are a great support here on the forum and help a lot of people, so to me, that shows me in one small way that you are not worthless. You are of great value in God's eyes. He created you on purpose and for a reason. Your worth is not in what you do or do not do, but in the fact that God loves you.

You say you don't know how much longer you can live like this. What do you mean? How high is the stress level in your home? Do you talk with each other? Share in each others company? What is making living like you are so unbearable? I ask not to pry but to see if you might be able to figure out for yourself what is going on and then maybe not be so desperate, so don't feel that you have to answer here on the forum. Just something to think about. If you don't talk much, maybe you could play a card game together or do something that isn't talking about "stuff" but just being together on neutral ground. My parent's play cards every night.

Well, keep posting and get support for yourself as you so often give it out.

iwanttolive

Blue44
Hi iwanttolive

I appreciate your kind words. My husband and I do talk but I don’t feel like I can tell him just how upset I am because I don’t want to add to his stress. My doctor just prescribed me some anxiety medicine. She is giving me a limited number of pills at a time. When I said I don’t know how much longer I can live like this I didn’t mean divorce. I don’t believe that is what God wants. I feel like just sleeping forever but that’s not what God wants either. I feel like running away somehow but I can’t.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Blue, run into the arms of Jesus. That is truly the safest place to go when we are struggling. No, divorce is not the answer unless you are not safe. And you are. When we are needing a place to go and have no place, we do. His arms are open wide, waiting for you to turn to Him and wanting you to allow Him to be your safe place.

Blue44
iwanttolive

Your reply makes me want to cry. That’s exactly what I need to do. He is the only one that can really help me right now. Thank you iwanttolive for your support. I appreciate you caring

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi again. I am glad that you are finding hope in the Truth of what I said.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources