National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
illgetthere
Coming Home

I "recovered" from BED but always struggle when I come home from college. Now that Im home for a good couple months Im really starting to worry. For some reason when Im home my confidence plummets. I also have a lot more binging tendencies like bored/anxious eating, eating when Im full, and sometimes just straight binging. It also does not help that my mom also has binging tendencies and she's probably where I picked them up from. My older brother can also make some unintentional weight comments which doesn't sit well with the already low confidence. I love my family very much but it can just be very hard being home, which is typically a place I associate with BED and self-hatred. I don't love how I feel when I'm here but Im stuck here for 5 months. Does anyone have any tips or advice that can change this situation to be a little better?

Thank you and I hope everyone is safe.

alwaysthinking
Hobbies

Do you have any hobbies that can keep you occupied? I find that when I keep myself occupied with various Hobbies, it helps me to Keep my mind off of Food and stuff like that. I don't have BED, I actually have anorexia, but I know in the past, I did struggle with overeating, and when I focused more on my hobbies, Especially when I was in college, I was able to keep my mind off of food and not overeat.

alwaysthinking
Hobbies

Do you have any hobbies that can keep you occupied? I find that when I keep myself occupied with various Hobbies, it helps me to Keep my mind off of Food and stuff like that. I don't have BED, I actually have anorexia, but I know in the past, I did struggle with overeating, and when I focused more on my hobbies, Especially when I was in college, I was able to keep my mind off of food and not overeat.

Miggi
I find it's best to try to

I find it's best to try to keep yourself busy. You can still go out on walks/bikerides. Indulge yourself and play some internet games on your phone/computer/gaming system. Do some spring cleaning, a puzzle, start journaling, call family/friends. Make some art, or do some yoga.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources