National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
Coronovirus

Hi everyone. I just really feel that I want to post and say that I am sure many of you are worried and don't understand what is going on right now. Some are forced into quarantine as I am and some of you may know of someone who is affected by the virus. Many places are shut down, we have a curfew starting at 8pm until 5am not enforceable at this point by highly recommended. Places of worship are not holding their meetings. Most of you know all of this.

The purpose of my writing this is to encourage you. One thing fear does is feed on itself. The more we feed the fear, the bigger it gets. I urge those who are troubled and worried to try not to watch the news a lot. To try to find puzzles and or word games or color. You may want to talk to Jesus. Jesus tells us that you can cast all our fears and worries, or give them to Him by talking to Him and letting Him know how you are feeling, for He cares for you...1 Peter 5:7.

I know not all of you are follow a certain faith. I as many of you know am a Christian and know that I NEED to place my trust in God during this time. If not I will and have been anxious.

There is much going on with my family now as well. I can CHOOSE to worry, or CHOOSE to turn to Jesus and ask Him to help me when the anxious thoughts come. I invite you to do the same. Let us support one another during this time and know that worry will only make things worse for us.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you are all doing okay.

iwanttolive

Blue44
iwanttolive

I appreciate you taking time to write this post. I have three teens who are home now instead of in school because of the virus. Their school is closed for a few weeks. My husband’s work hasn’t been affected yet but it could in the future. My preacher’s lesson Sunday was on anxiety around this situation. I hope and pray things will go back to normal soon.

iwanttolive
Blue44

Hi. Thank you for all your support. Yes, we all want things to get back to "normal" but perhaps the normal we have been living isn't all that we should return to. Not all, but some. Maybe things will be a friendlier place, people will respect others more. Some things needed to change. Maybe not this way, but when things go back, let's hope that we remain a friendlier world.

Keep up the Hope.

iwanttolive

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources