National Eating Disorders Association

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
RiverofWolves
Extreme Hunger

Hi everyone! I’m River. I’m 22, and I have a huge issue right now that I would like some advice with please, so thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time and effort to read my story. About 5 years ago, I became anorexic. Then I became bulimic/binge eater. Never threw up, more binge/starve cycle. Now I would really like to recover, as this is ruining my life and future. I have considered trying a recovery method, because I have heard that it works, and I am experiencing really, really severe extreme hunger. I mean really bad. Like X calories in a sitting from hunger bad. And I feel that my insatiable appetite is really abnormal, but a lot of YouTube channels on recovery, and other sites say that extreme hunger is to be expected and that I should follow it. But I am already normal weight, and I fear that if I eat such large amounts every day, that I will become very overweight very fast, and not become normal. What do you think? What about extreme hunger at a normal weight? Any suggestions/experiences? If you have read this far, thank you for your time! Have a great day!

_admin_moderator
Dear RiverofWolves, we would

Dear RiverofWolves, we would like to inform you that we edited your post to remove calorie numbers and names of recovery methods. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

alwaysthinking
Therapist?

Do you have a therapist or any type of treatment team for eating disorders? I'd definitely start there, if possible. I hope things work out for you.

RiverofWolves
No I don’t. Thank you for the

No I don’t. Thank you for the suggestion though.

CASACERA
we're all unique

Hi. Check out the post someone addressed to me "Casacera" and my response etc. I've struggled with this my whole life. Can't give up. Have no choice. Tonight, right now I ask myself "CC, what can you do for the rest of the evening to make yourself more comfortable?" Just took a shower, always good and soothing. Take care of yourself. I wish you the best. CC

RiverofWolves
Thanks, I can’t find it

Thanks, I can’t find it currently though. I am new here and struggle to find my way around. I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve struggled with this for that long. That’s honestly heartbreaking, I mean that. I feel your pain, sister. And thank you, I will take care of myself, and I hope you do too. Warm showers are an excellent way to distract yourself and calm down for sure. Would you be so kind as to briefly describe your experience in further detail here again for me, including anything that has helped you deal with the extreme hunger please? If that is too tedious, I understand.

RiverofWolves
Hi again, is there anybody

Hi again, is there anybody around? Any more thoughts anyone?

akolch01
Hey! I would suggest meeting

Hey! I would suggest meeting with a registered dietitian to talk about your options!

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources