National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Savedbygrace
Being sick

I just have barely any appetite due to a mild flu/cold. I've been eating very light foods and drinking drinks that have calories to make up for what I'm not getting in food. I know I should be eating more, but my stomach is very sensitive. Am I doing the right thing to get enough nutrition and honoring my hunger and fullness cues, or should I be doing more? I feel like I'm doing everything I should be doing?

alwaysthinking
Dietitian

Have you ever talked about this with your dietitian before? I don't have one so I really don't know. I would think that when you're feeling sick, just doing the best that you can to get in whatever nutrients feel comfortable is really all you can do. If you have a dietitian , I really think the best thing to do is talk to that person about it and see what he or she suggests in those situations. I hope you get better soon.

Savedbygrace
Thank you

I do too.

Blue44
Savedbygrace

Hello, are you feeling better today? Sending you hugs and well wishes.

Savedbygrace
Thank you for asking

I'm improving, but it will take a while to build up to eating normally again as it hasn't been due to a sensitive stomach, but I'm ok with that. How are you doing? I've gotten a few things for my husband for Christmas. I'm about to go eat a light lunch with my husband. Maybe I'll get a sweet treat at McDonald's.

ape130
My dietitian says that when I

My dietitian says that when I'm sick I still have to eat my full meal plan, but do it using lighter foods that are easier on the stomach such as toast, crackers, and soup. But still have (in my case) one main and two sides at each meal.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources