National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
alizee
i'm confused

Hello,
I am weight recovered for now about 1.5 years,but only weight restored.
I am thinking everyday about my weight and what i'll eat or not eat. Everytime i'm eating something, i'm guilty.
I am overweight since then, i have about X pounds to be where i feel the best and i am trying to loose weight healthily, with doing exercise and eating healthy and sometimes of course indulging some treats. But it leads to nothing. I am exercising and eating healthy since june of 2018 and nothing is changing, i'm still overweight and even gaining weight (that isnt muscles!). yes during summer i stopped my routine and indulged more treats but like any other girls my age, but i'm always the one to gain weight. and i feel it in my clothes and everything.
i'm afraid cause i feel that i will never be a normal young woman, that i will always have to be careful with what i eat, that i will always be the chubby one. I'm afraid cause the only answer i see in my head is going back to my dirty old habits. but in one hand i know its not the answer .
Is it normal that i cannot lose weight after my ed whatever am i doing ?
thank you.

_admin_moderator
Dear alizee, we would like to

Dear alizee, we would like to inform you that we edited your post to remove weight numbers, which are not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

alwaysthinking
therapy

sounds like you need a therapist or dietician who can get you on a meal plan and help you be healthy without resorting to e.d. behaviors.

Jas22
alizee

Hi alizee! Have you considered reaching out to the NEDA Helpline for guidance? They can be reached at 800.931.2237 or via online chat (http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/helplinechat) M-TH 9-9 EST and F 9-5 EST. Take care and stay strong!

butterflying
I'm proud of you for your

I'm proud of you for your weight restoration but have been through the feelings of being at a healthy weight but still thinking about food and what I'm going to eat that day. Yes, it's normal to experience this after recovery because your body still might be trying to adapt to this new healthy lifestyle. When we change our eating habits, it affects our bodies in different ways. I agree with alwaysthinking on looking into finding a dietician and therapist to continue with your recovery, but to also help you get to a comfortable weight that makes you feel good about yourself without neglecting your body. I'll attach the NEDA maps for treatment providers below so you can enter in your area and find some resources near you. I hope things start to turn around and keep in touch. <3 https://map.nationaleatingdisorders.org