National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thais2
One day at a time

I literally just googled binge eating forums because I felt I needed to talk with people who have been through the same. This year has been very challenging for me. Whenever I try to "stay" clean the only thing that comes to my mind is food. So I usually end up having binge episodes after two or three weeks which makes me feel weak and powerless not being able to mantain a "healthy" recovery. Today was different I said. Instead of thinking about how hard is gonna be the next two weeks or the next month I will just think about one day at a time. At least tricks my mind to think is easier. No recovery is easy I know. But if I want to keep going I need to give myself a little help, because In the end I only have myslef. :)

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi! Thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on! We hope that you’re able to get the support you deserve here on the forums! When you get the chance, please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelinesIf you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. The Helpline is open Mondays-Thursdays 9AM-9PM EST and Fridays 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner! Please continue posting!  

alwaysthinking
good idea

sounds like you're on the right track. welcome to the forum, by the way. i hope you find this to be a helpful site. many people are very supportive here and very welcoming. keep up the good work