National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
onedayatatime222
I am ready

I sit here after what I hope was my turning point. I have a long history of disordered eating...that has led me to full blown bulimia. I have struggled with weight, binged, restricted, over exercised...I want to heal...I want to be happy again...I want to stop the madness. I have been unable tp share this with anyone in my life...I have been so ashamed and am hoping to connect with someone who understands and can possibly give me some resources and accountability.

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi, onedayatatime22! Thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on! We hope that you’re able to get the support you deserve here on the forums! When you get the chance, please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelinesIf you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. The Helpline is open Mondays-Thursdays 9AM-9PM EST and Fridays 9AM-5PM EST. During these hours you can chat with us also by clicking the chat now option at the top right hand corner! Please continue posting! 

alwaysthinking
Here for you

Welcome to the Forum. This is a really great group of people and I'm sure you will get the support that you need and deserve. I'm sorry that you're struggling and I'm here for you. Do you have any type of support team or treatment team? Is there anybody to whom you can turn to be able to talk about your problems? We all need somebody. Even if it's a coworker, friend, therapist, someone at your church if you have one. Something like that. I hope things work out for you and I hope you find what you need here.

tryingtobebrave
Hi

I second what alwaysthinking said, and want to welcome you to the forum and let you know we’re here for you. I recently finished outpatient treatment after a year of php, IOP then outpatient, and I too use the forum now for accountability. feel free to post at any time, and I hope the best for you. Eating disorders truly are maddening, it’s a battle. I understand the feeling of being ashamed when you have yet to share your story with people, but know that you won’t be judged here.

lovetowrite81
Onedayatatime

Hello-

I also wanted to welcome you to the forums! It sounds like you are in a really positive mindset for recovery- wanting healing and happiness. Know that you are deserving of recovery and it is possible! It is such an important step that you were able to post on this forum and I hope that you continue posting and letting us support you wherever you are at <3