National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
alwaysthinking
Scripture for the day

Philippians 3:13 - "Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead."

iwanttolive
I love that one

Hi alwaysthinking. This is a good one. We can really only do this with God's help. I know it can challenging at times. An example for me just last night: I have been reading over my journals from 2004 from when I was in a program for a year and we had to journal every night. I was telling my Mom how upsetting it was, seeing how they didn't respond even after three months to my way of thinking. It was a Christian based recovery center. I was still beating myself up daily for months and nothing was done to help me with how I was thinking. She said she was very uncomfortable with what I was saying and how it is sometimes better to leave things in the past and not revisit them after they have been dealt with. I agreed that it was only hurting me to "looking into the past" and not helping me. I threw the journals out.
I think that at times we need to learn about what happened in the past to heal, but to stay stuck in the past is not God's best for us. I healed from what happened there, so reading about it and getting upset was not "forgetting the things behind and stretching for the things ahead". What wonderful things lay ahead. Meeting my Savior.

Thank you for sharing this.