National Eating Disorders Association

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Katdancer
Feeling so stuck

I’ve been struggling with disordered eating in various forms for about 15 years. I am of a healthy weight so I feel like no one believes me that I feel so sick. I am trying to get help however I have no insurance. I finally saved enough money to afford a therapist and a nutritionist, however I recently had to stop going. I had insurance through marketplace For 5 months last year... that I cancelled because it was so bad and I knew I needed help and I couldn’t get it with insurance (ironic I know)... and I recently got a letter from the IRS stating I have to pay back the credit they paid to make insurance more affordable (at the time that I had the insurance my projected income was lower than it ended up being after taking a new job a few months after canceling) so I had to stop treatment. Right after I stopped I started restricting again. I go through phases of deliberately restricting and sometimes I don’t even know I’m doing it . I currently feel so exhausted, dizzy, and achy on a daily basis that it is hard for me to function some days. I have been trying to eat normally but it hurts and I feel sick unless I eat the certain things I’m used to. I feel like I’m scared to eat because I don’t know what my tummy is going to do so I restrict more. I get so bloated sometimes that If I’m doing anything with friends I use behaviors I don’t want to be bloated and feel sick. It’s sooo frustrating. I had my hunger cues somewhat normalized for a little bit and was somewhat able to eat normally and now they are all out of whack and I don’t even get them again I just feel like my battery ran out and then I can’t eat because I feel sick and I have no energy or ambition to make food or get food so I just lay on the floor for hours wondering how much longer i can do this and what damage I’ve caused.

I just need some hope or some advice anything. This is so isolating.

_admin_moderator
Dear Katdancer, we would like

Dear Katdancer, we would like to let you know that we slightly edited your post to remove descriptions of disordered eating behaviors, which are not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding! You also mentioned that you were feeling dizzy. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention:

• accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury
  • become suicidal
  • confused thinking and is not making any sense
  • delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)
  • disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are
  • vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea
  • experiencing dizziness or fainting spells
  • too weak to walk or collapses
  • painful muscle spasms
  • complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing
  • blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit
  • a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16
  • an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)
  • cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of
  • less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit

Please stay safe! 

Katdancer
Thank you.

Thank you.

Katdancer
Why do people get dizzy ? Why

Why do people get dizzy ? Why is it dangerous??

Savedbygrace
Sometimes

It means not enough nutrition or food. The best thing is to get checked out by the doctor. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

sportygirl
There are more than one thing

There are more than one thing, it might be dificiency nutrition, that might lead to low natrium levels and can cause cardiac deceqaes or even cardiac arrest. I just hope you take this seriously and see a doctor or something.

Take care!
X

lovetowrite81
Katdancer

Hi Katdancer-

I'm so sorry you have been struggling and feeling stuck. I know that ED can be so isolating- so I'm glad you reached out for support here & hope that you feel understood in this community. That is tough that you have had so many barriers with getting/maintaining treatment due to insurance.

I have struggled with restrictive eating for many years as well- and know how much it can effect the body/energy level. I'm not a medical doctor, but do know that there can be serious medical consequences to restricting- so what you describe is concerning. It does sound rough that when you do eat, there are all of these other symptoms so that could be something to try to address with a doctor. Because that is not helpful I'm sure, that when you do eat you feel sick.

Does anyone in your life know about your ED like a friend or family member? I hope you reached out here and hope that you continue to keep us posted on how you're doing <3