National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hermione3
big changes

Made a really big life choice and am totally scared. I took a part time job on top of my full time job. I am going to be very busy but will be able to be financially independent of my parents which would be great. I am so scared as I am going to be working a lot but excited this could be a big good change but i am not great with change so this is hard to think that i am making these changes but I think for the best. just so scared.

Alexo_eats
big changes

That sounds amazing! I find I'm always happier when I'm challenging myself and absorbing myself in other activities. I wish you the best of luck! You go girl!

iwanttolive
hermione3

Hi. Is this the job you were interviewing for, with the autistic children? Take care of yourself. This may open the door to get out of the job that you are so miserable in. Take it easy and rest in between. Good luck.

iwanttolive

hermione3
Thanks so much for the

Thanks so much for the success it is the job i was interviewing for with autistic children. It does open a door i can take a course that is 40 hours online and this can lead to new job opportunities and a way to a full time job with this company. they also pay for the courses so its really a win win situation. I was freaking out a bit and i talked to my therapist and she is so proud of me. she said the old me would never have taken this chance or anything I updated my resume she said i obviously interviewed well and what not. she thinks its great and that it shows my growth. this is new and exciting i am a little nervous but who isn't before starting a new job. I just started the needed training to begin the job which is 20 hours i did 6 today trying to get a leg up. its going to be a lot of work but i think it will be good even if i have to cut out some of my activities i feel this is good professionally and that is something. this job can lead to higher paying jobs and more of a career. the job i am in now there is no more room for growth here there is so sort of exciting. I am figuring out how i can fit in all my appointments when i will be working literally all day my therapist will i am sure will work around these new hours. I have to work out my regular doctor and psychiatrist but these jobs are literally 5 days a week so have to work that out. those are each just once a month appointments so i am thinking of using my regular day job as like asking to leave early or take a personal day i will be working a lot so i might just need those days anyway. i don't want to start off my new job with like well twice a month i can't work these days. I said i was very open.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources