National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
London1621
Talking works!

I was so upset last night, crying and had feeling to binge eat. I went to the store to grab something for my mom and two girls from one of my classes who don't like me were talking about me saying the paper I read in class was horrible and they were picking it apart. I grabbed food and went home crying and grabbed food to bringe eat and my friend text me said thinking about you are you ok. I told her everything but the feeling to binge eat. We talked for a while and then that feeling went away. I don't like people being mean.

iwanttolive
London1621

Hi. Yes. People can be mean. I am sorry they treated you like that. I am proud of you for how you handled it though. First thought was to use behaviors, but then you talked and found the urge went away. That is so great. Now you know that you don't have to act on urges although in recovery it is a learning experience and not a perfected art. I am proud of you and thank you for sharing your victory.

iwanttolive

London1621
Hi iwanttolive

Thank you so much for your reply and what you are saying. How are you doing? Hugs.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources