National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
When we fall

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed, we are crushed, but not in despair, Persecuted but not forsaken, struck down but not destroyed.

These verses from 2 Corinthians, help me realize that with by my surrendering my life to Jesus, He does not tell us it is all peaches and cream, but that we will have trouble. What is comforting is that He promises us that He will be with us and keep us from falling completely apart.

It tells me that I can stand back up. Anyone remember the weeble wabbles from when we were kids? They were small egg shaped figures that had a round bottom so when it was knocked down, it stood right back up.

So this past month, I fell. But I refuse to stay down. I will and am getting up and continue to help people who suffer and are in pain. I will not allow my pain to get in the middle of helping others. My special Bible verse is: I will not die but live and declare the work of the Lord. Psalm 118:17.

So if any of you fall, we don't need to beat ourselves up as much as we may want to. We get up and brush ourselves off and start from where we fell, we don't have to go all the way back to where we started.

I hope this offers some help to someone. I choose to move forward. I hope you do to.

iwanttolive

BeatEdnos91
Hi

I love your post and believe that you are a amazing person and how you love to help others is humble and sweet of you it is very good of you to live out your life according to God, and I love Psalms the very best :)

London1621
Hugs

Thank you for sharing this with us. Hugs.