National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Residential or PHP near West Virginia

I am looking for a residential or partial hospitalization program for young men suffering with anorexia. Does anyone have
knowledge and/or experience with programs around West Virginia, in Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina,
or Maryland or on the east coast? Thanks

Some resources

Hi Rickf,
Thank you for reaching out here on the forums!
Here are some resources that may help you find programs in your area that will meet your needs:
NEDA Helpline: 1-800-931-2237 (M-R 9-9, F 9-5 EST)
NEDA Navigators program:
Finding treatment referrals:

I hope this helps!

It is very tough to find help

It is very tough to find help for males. There is a wonderful program near us, and they will only work with women. I am hoping to find something for my son for bulima, and body dysmorphic disorder.

Treatment Options

I'm sorry to hear that they only work with women, but I know that NEDA has resources on treatment options for males! You can call them at 1-800-931-2237 Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST)! So hopefully, your search will be made easier and your son can get the help he deserves! Good luck