NEDA Online Forum Moderator
Location: Remote Opportunity
NEDA Forum Moderators will help oversee all comments and posts from members of the NEDA online community. Using the community guidelines and knowledge obtained through reading the forum guidelines, volunteers monitor new posts and add comments to posts that need to be addressed. Occasionally, volunteers will reach out to the community to encourage them to contact the NEDA Helpline for support and to mediate serious conversations. The forum moderator’s goal is to keep the online chat free of triggering material, by deleting any post that could be harmful to others, and maintaining a positive atmosphere encouraging that recovery is possible and that NEDA is here for support.
- Navigate the online Forum you are assigned to and monitor all conversations and comments posted on the chat.
- Remind the community that the NEDA Helpline is always an option to use as a place to get direct information and support necessary throughout the difficult process the member may be going through.
- Maintain and safe, healthy, positive environment promoting the idea that recovery is possible and that support and information are readily available on the NEDA website and by calling the NEDA Helpline.
- Keeping an eye out for any triggering, harmful, or discouraging talk, and addressing those individuals who make such comments immediately
- Deleting all triggering, harmful or unhealthy talk from the chat as to maintain a safe environment for the NEDA community.
- To uphold NEDA’s mission: NEDA is dedicated to supporting those affected by eating disorders and be a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
- High energy, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
- Strong computer skills, data entry and word-processing ability.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Recovery is important to us here at NEDA. We require that applicants with personal experience who are interested in getting involved with the National Eating Disorders Association have two years of strong recovery due to the intense and triggering nature of this position.
Time Frame and Commitment:
- Moderators must be available one day per week to monitor the online forum for a minimum of 3 hours to make sure all conversations are appropriate and to address any dire situation.
- To check in with the Helpline Supervisor after the shift via email.
Currently accepting applications!