National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Depressedkid_1
Triggered

So my grandma decided it was a good idea to show me how much I weigh when I went to the doctors. I've lost some weight and her showing me how much I weigh was really triggering. I'm almost at the weight I was when my ED was really bad and knowing that is making me kinda want to lose more to get lower than I was before. But the thing is, I don't feel sick, The worst thing is I get dizzy and gets really bad headaches but I don't feel my ED is that bad. I don't count calories or not eat anything or other really bad ED behaviors anymore, I just only eat once a day which i know is bad but my body feels like I'm gonna throw up if I eat more.

_admin_moderator
Depressedkid_1

Hi Depressedkid_1, thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on and want you to know that the NEDA community is here for you. You mentioned some physical symptoms and we want to encourage you to speak with a healthcare provider about what’s going on. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention:

• accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury
  • become suicidal
  • confused thinking and is not making any sense
  • delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)
  • disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are
  • vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea
  • experiencing dizziness or fainting spells
  • too weak to walk or collapses
  • painful muscle spasms
  • experience pain in the lower legs
  • complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing
  • blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit
  • a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16
  • an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)
  • cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit
  • experience dizziness, nausea, fever
  • wounds/cuts heal slowly
  • feel tingling in the hands or feet
  • blurred vision

If you experience anything above, we highly recommend seeking help from a medical professional as soon as possible. Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you experience the following:

• have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating
  • have other gastrointestinal concerns
  • have high blood pressure
  • struggle with significant joint or muscle pain
  • have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep)
  • struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss
  • have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst
  • have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly
  • have gained significant weight in a short period of time
  • struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipation

You can also reach out to our confidential NEDA Helpline for help finding support options and resources at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET, or you can chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET. Please don’t hesitate to reach out - you matter, and you are not alone.