National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
kiwi_0423
I don't know how to stop! :(

I am new to here, just signed up today! I am struggling so bad with binge eating at night and I have struggled on and off for about 5 years now. I have gained so much weight, as I had gained due to an injury 2 years ago and never lost that weight, then gained more during the Covid shut down and now more since June! I work so hard to eat healthy during the day and I used to be very active at my gym, but now just don't do anything, I am a slug! I eat a healthy dinner, then around 6ish, the kitchen calls me for more food. Then I feel horrible about myself and feel fat and ugly and ashamed and swear it's the last time and I do it all over again the next night. I am so depressed and just lost. I don't know what to do! I do not have any insurance right now, so I can't seek counseling, I just don't know where to turn! :(

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi Kiwiw_0423, welcome to the forums! We are happy to have you here and it's great that you are reaching out. You can check out the tab "Help & Support" and click on "Low & Free Cost Support" if you would like some resources. If you ever want to talk to someone or reach out, NEDA is here for you. You can call 800-931- 2237 or chat, https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/helplinechat  to discuss support options. Helpline phone hours are Monday-Thursday 11am-9pm ET, Friday 11am-5pm ET. Helpline chat hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm ET, Friday 9am-5pm ET. We hope you find the support you are looking for and keep posting!  

xhushdil
Thank you for sharing...Same boat

Thanks for sharing your story kiwi_0423. I am in the same boat as you. Pretty much identical. I can for the most part do well during the day with healthy eating choices and then something just switches at night and I get so ravenous. I'm not even actually hungry or thirsty. I just seem to snap. I have had issues with binge eating and secret eating since I was elementary age and I am now in my late 30s. This is my first time taking a real step towards getting help. Over the years I've briefly browsed websites about eating disorders, but that's about the extent of it. Me signing up on this site was a big deal for me. I also took another step of finding a virtual support group. As of yet, I haven't actually registered or signed up for a group session. Perhaps in time. Baby steps.

We can both do this and we will. We are off to a good start! :-)

~Torah

2Healthy4me
Sounds Like You are Isolated and Unmotivated

It's difficult getting back on our feet after taking a mandatory recess while the rest of the world dies of Covid.

I feel that I am lucky. I only get sick following vaccinations, but never had any signs of Covid so far, Thank God.

Do you have any friends you can call and plan to go and do fun things with. Are you dating?

What do you do to pass the day from AM to PM?

Good luck in trying to reach out and go treat yourself to a mall-i-day. Most places are beginning to open up and some are even doing away w/ the face masks too.

brokendocs2
hi i am here for you! i am

hi i am here for you! i am going through the same thing and it freakin sucks. im hiding it from everyone in my life, it doesn't make me feel good it makes me feel disgusting. lets help each other!