National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Magelle17
I dont know where to start or if it's a "thing"

I've spent the past few years in and out of every doctors office possible trying to get a diagnosis for why my body has suddenly revolted. I went from being an athlete and fun stay at home mom to barely able to lift my toddler and unable to work. I've been diagnosed with multiple autoimmune diseases as well as mitochondrial disease. I know my body needs more food to supply healing but I feel sick when I don't eat and sick when I do. I have to be on a restricted diet because my levels were toxic. I eat super clean but I also moderate food groups. I can get in my calories for the day and even then I feel overfill and sick. I'm so bloated and uncomfortable all the time. That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm honestly afraid to try any sort of food because of how I may react and I don't want to feel worse. I have done different diets and food groups for years as well. No one has any answers. I want to get better. But I feel like my fear of food is out of control. It makes me SO SAD because I LOVE cooking and baking for my family, yet I eat none of it. I honesty just want my life back.

_admin_moderator
Welcome Magelle17

Welcome to the forums Magelle17! NEDA is here for you and it's great that you are sharing. We did want to let you know that we edited your post to remove specific diets, food grouos and calories, which can be triggering for others. This violates our community guidelines where you can check them out here. Keep posting!

Magelle17
I'm so sorry!! Thank you

I'm so sorry!! Thank you