National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
kat167mar
i might have eating disorder

I lost lot of weight in past month not on purpose but because i feel disgusting when i eat, i want to gain weight but i just can't force myself to eat. i just feel like i have problem in my head but at same time i think i am just overreacting. am i overreacting?

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi kat167mar - welcome to the forums! We’re glad you found us. Since you’re new, we wanted to make sure you knew about the NEDA Helpline - (800) 931-2237. Helpline phone hours are Monday-Thursday from 11AM to 9PM ET, and Friday from 11AM to 5PM ET. Helpline chat hours are Monday-Thursday from 9AM to 9PM ET and Friday 9AM to 5PM ET. You can contact the Helpline for support, resources, and/or treatment options. Please don’t hesitate to reach out, and please continue posting!

kcporter6
kat

Ultimately, all that matters is if it is distressing for you. If you can maintain healthy habits with low/no stress, then you are good to go. For you, I'd say, if eating is a hard time for you, that isn't exactly "normal". There are a lot of questionnaires online to gauge how you feel about body image, eating, exercise, etc. If you are able to, contacting a therapist for a consult is always helpful. It is always better to heal food issues early before they are fatal. Hope this helps!