National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
kyrt91
Newbie Needs Help

So I have been fighting with my self image my whole life. I grew up in a finish all your food or you cant leave the table style house and it started me on this long journey of eating too much and not understanding what it feels like to be comfortably full instead of ready to explode. When I came to noticing this I was around 17 and I did everything to stop eating, tons of liquids, refusing to eat and medications. I lost weight but still looked disgusting to myself. Around 23 I completely gave up and just did not care if I hate too much I would throw up. If I refused to eat I would wake up laying in front of the fridge.
SOOOOO now I am almost 30 and I just want to have a good day that isnt controlled by my self image or food.

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Welcome Kyrt91! It's great that you are reaching out and we're sorry you are feeling this way. If you want to talk or find support options near you, the NEDA Helpline and online chat is here for you! You can call 800-931- 2237 or chat, https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/helplinechat  to discuss support options. Helpline phone hours are Monday-Thursday 11am-9pm ET, Friday 11am-5pm ET. Helpline chat hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-9pm ET, Friday 9am-5pm ET. We hope you find the support you are looking for and keep posting!