National Eating Disorders Association

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tryingtoheal
Depressed kid

How have you been lately? Hope all is well.

Depressedkid_1
Tryingtoheal,

Thanks for asking, I’m doing okay. I’ve got myself back in recovery after a relapse. My friends and family at church are being so supportive! My abusive dad and stepmom are tryna come back into my life which is stressing me out a little bit but one thing I learned from church is forgiveness. Overall I’m doing pretty good. How are you doing?

Tryingtoheal
That's great

I'm glad you're getting support and working on recovery. I've been struggling with ptsd, memories and something is wrong with my stomach. I feel nauseated. Last night I had constant diarrhea. Today I have felt so sick. I cannot eat much.

Depressedkid_1
I’m sorry

I’m sorry that your dealing with that stuff. I hope things get better for you!

Tryingtoheal
Thank you.

Me too, especially if I get diarrhea after everything I eat more than something that usually helps pregnant women when their stomachs hurt. I can't name this food. If it's still that way after a week, I'll seek medical help.

Tryingtoheal
How are you doing

Today?

Depressedkid_1
Hi, tryingtoheal

I’m okay. Being in church has made it where I’m not as depressed and it’s helped with my ED a lot. My friends are still being super supportive. And tonight I have a singing performance! I’m only struggling bc I can’t tell when I’m hungry and I can’t eat a lot bc then my stomach starts to hurt. :( but other than that I’m doing great! I hope your doing better

Tryingtoheal
Great to hear

It sounds like things are going much better. I'm so glad to hear that. I'm slowly getting better. My husband and I are going to Black Widow on Tuesday. I'm glad you're getting support and that you have friends. I'm struggling with past trauma.

Depressedkid_1
I hope things get better

I hope you feel better soon. The only reason I’m doing better is because I have my church family and my friends helping me. They’ve been amazing. I really am sorry abt the past trauma, I’ve been there a lot but not as much anymore since I joined my church! But anyways I hope things get better with that. <3

Tryingtoheal
Thank you

I'm definitely feeling better. Again, I'm glad you have such a big support system. I'm continuing to do well in recovery myself.

Tryingtoheal
How goes it?

Checking in on you. Hopefully you are doing well.

Depressedkid_1
It’s going great

I’m doing great in recovery, it’s been almost 3 weeks since my last relapse and since I got back it recovery I’ve been doing great. I’m getting baptized in a week and I’m living my best life in recovery. Some days are still hard but when I’m struggling I go to worship and I pray and just spend time with God or I talk to my pastor and friends and it distracts me from all those ED thoughts.

Tryingtoheal
Wonderful!!

I am so encouraged and happy to hear. Keep us posted.