National Eating Disorders Association

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fireflyseeker
Nocturnal eating syndrome

Hi does anyone here have NES? I would like to connect with someone who understands what I'm going through.

Fireflyseeker
Just bumping as still seeking

Just bumping as still seeking someone with the same ED

tarthazel
NES

I have this. This started for me after I lost my mother. I am not a young person, but when I get up in the night ususally to go to the bathroom or take the dog out, I always want to eat, I don't eat alot, but I look for something, not meat and potatoes, usually sweet or some desert type thing or candy that we have in the house. I hate this habit, I hide it from my partner and everyone too. I try to drink water instead, it doesn't satisfy it. I know it's not good for you. Do you have any tricks that help? Do you eat more then just sweets, etc.? I sort of dismiss it, but I know that it's probably not a normal way of eating, especially because I hide it. Tell me about your NES.

Fireflyseeker
Nes

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I usually eat sweet things when I wake up. But I also eat savoury stuff. My only trick is to try not to fight it. I know I am incapable of not eating when I wake up so I try and plan what I eat. I lay it out on the Bench in the hopes of limiting what I eat. It doesn't always work.

I have seen an eating disorder psychiatrist and.she said it is because I don't eat enough during the day. But I don't eat at night because I'm hungry. And I used to be obese and eat lots during the day but I still had the night time eating problem. So I was very disappointed in her comment. And now I feel like she won't bother to look for the real reason why I eat at night.

InvisibleCape
I have NES as well

I just joined this group as i realized that i have NES as well. I overeat at night when everyone else in the house is asleep. Mostly sweets that are easy for me to digest - no protein. I start thinking about what I am going to overeat early in the day. I try to control it - but finding it very hard. I have tried eating more at dinner to be less hungry at night - does not help. I tried eating less during the day - also no help.

Fireflyseeker
Nocturnal eating syndrome

Hi there. Sorry to hear of your struggles with food.