National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How do you know...

Three totally different recommendations from three experts. Local ED therapist says IOP maybe PHP, a treatment facility says PHP, another one says residential.
How is a parent supposed to know what to do?
I feel like I'm back to square one with no answers.


We aren't allowed to discuss treatment centers on here. I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm sorry.


Yes, You are right

Dear joclasp, we would like

Dear joclasp, we would like to inform you that we edited your post to remove mentions of speficic treatment facilities, as they are not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

It depends on the patient.

It depends on the patient. Lots of behaviors plus wants to recover = PHP. Lots of behaviors and doesn't want to recover or cooperate: residential. Residential is highest level. You could start with PHP and if that is not enough, step up to residential. FYI- treatment after hospitalization goes: residential, PHP, IOP, outpatient. But some people never do residential.