National Eating Disorders Association

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
herestotrying
Anxiety

I am new to this chat style forum. I am reading a book to help begin recovery for binge eating and emotional eating and they recommend talking to people as a line of support. I figure, confiding in people who understand what I am going through would be more beneficial than confiding in family who may not fully understand.

I overeat compulsively and it is so difficult to stop. As soon as I get a craving I have to satisfy it, anyone else? How do you just fight that craving and say no?

I am tired of being consumed by food. I want to eat to live, not live to eat. I suffer from clinical depression and anxiety and I know that contributes but what else weighs us down in life? What other feelings am I holding on to that I need to release, to be freed from binge eating??

Hugs

2Healthy4me
Try and Eat Healthy

There are therapists,

chat lines,

crisis lines,

nutritionists,

and books to help you learn to eat and cook sensibly.

You sound like you would benefit from some soul searching.

Reflect upon yourself and see what you desire to improve.

Then journaling always helped me to meet my goals,

and vent to myself about what ever gets in my way.

Good luck,

and hope you are good to yourself

deidraream
I can't even imagine how

I can't even imagine how difficult it is for you right now. It's good that you spoke out on this forum. This is the right decision, you don't need to keep it to yourself. Try talking to a friend or see a psychologist.

Alcina
I just want you to know that

I just want you to know that I'm proud of you! It's great that you want to change this and share your feeling with others.
I had problems with an anxiety disorder for a long time, and it was very hard for me. I am happy that the people closest to me helped and supported me. Plus, I was taking some medication nd it was easier for me to go through it all.
You have to know that people here will always be there for you. Write at any time, and we will always support you because we understand how you feel. You are not alone.

_admin_moderator
Hi Alcina!

Hi Alcina! It's great that you are posting and offering support for others! We did have to slightly edit your post to remove links, which violates our commmunity guidelines. You can view them here, https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelines Keep posting!