National Eating Disorders Association

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chessie
Am I recovering or bingeing?

I've been trying to recover and eat more. This past week I've been eating a lot. Or what I consider a lot. I don't know if I'm bingeing or just eating enough. I've only been overly full like twice this week. Most of the time I'm still hungry, but I don't understand, because I'm eating so much. Ugh, I just don't know if I'm eating too much. Does anybody have any advice? Thank you :)

rayman
In Response

Hey Chessie. First congrats it's brave of you to be trying. I would get a Dietician one experienced with eating disorders (most are covered by insurance). They can totally advise you with all your concerns and worries. I will say from experience, if you have been restricting your stomach shrinks and in addition when you consume food this can create a triggering response in your gut. Eating more may produce refeeding symptoms so I would be careful. A Dietician can properly advise and help you pace your recovery.

Chessie
Rayman

Okay. I asked my therapist about it, but she just told me that if I'm still hungry to eat. I just don't get if I'm bingeing or eating a normal amount. I will try to get a dietitian.

_admin_moderator
Dear rayman, we are writing

Dear rayman, we are writing to inform you that we edited your post to remove specific nutritional advice since it is not allowed on the forums. You can review our community guidelines here. Thanks for your understanding and please continue to post! 

Tryingtoheal
Rayman

We are not allowed to give medical advice or mention specific foods. A hospital is best for going through the refeeding.

rayman
Hemp

I stated "A Dietician" can help.

Chessie
Tryingtoheal

what is refeeding? I can't go to a hospital, because I'm in an honors Chemistry course and won't be able to do it if I'm in a hospital.

Tryingtoheal
From what I understand

Is if you reintroduce a certain amount of food after being malnourished from starvation, it can lead to sudden death. If you don't deal with your eating disorder, you will die, maybe before you can finish your honors class. Eating disorders wind up killing us if we don't get professional help. They are dangerous and deadly. Please seek help. We cannot heal on our own, or without professional help. But recovery is possible if we get help and work on it. A lot of times, we're worse than we think or are willing to admit or see and need more help thN we think.

Chessie
Tryingtoheal

I have been bouncing between a binge/restrict and just restrict cycles, so I don't think I will die, because it hasn't been completely starved. I can't wait to complete my honors course, because it's only a small amount of time and my parents spent a significant amount of money on it. I have a therapist and will be getting a dietician soon(hopefully).

Tryingtoheal
Still an eating disorder

And all eating disorders are deadly. You are worth more than money and no one can replace you.

Tryingtoheal
It needs to be

A REGISTERED dietitian, one who has experience with eating disorders who can help the individual come up with a personalized meal plan. And the second post will also be deleted. Advice is not allowed on here that is medical. We are not professionals. It is also rules of this forum.