National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
babybutterfly
Period(s)

Hello,
I've had an (undiagnosed) eating disorder 2 years ago, when I was 14/15 and a lot of weight due to not eating enough (I was nevee undeeweight tho) . I also lost my period wich I had since I was 13. It wasn't always regular,but I was having it normally at least every second month. I don't really remember when exactly I lost my period, because cycle got messed up in the proces, but I was whitout it for 12-15 months. Somewhre in that period of time I startwd to eat more again and gained some of my weight back. Period retuened with it and I was soooo happy. I got 2 normal periods before it went missing again... Now is going to be fifth month since my lass period ans I'm verey scared. Nothing has changed since the las one what can I be possibly doing wrong..? I'm seeing a doctor,but the waiting line is so long this doesn't do much for me.
Has anyone had simmilar expiriences? Please share your stories or advice it helps a lot... :(

march26
i can't give medical advice

i can't give medical advice since I'm not a doctor, but my experience is that my period came back after I regained a lot of my weight. Are you being honest with yourself about your current health and habits?
Or perhaps it's non-ed related things, like excessive (or more-than-normal) exercise / stress/work (which, I guess, could be Ed related on second thought). Personally, exercising more affects my period for some reason.

julesthefox
You should be so proud for

You should be so proud for how far you’ve come on recovery! The steps you are taking are truly amazing.
Have you been able to see a dietician who specializes in EDs in this process? They can sometimes help you figure out if something is off or missing and set up a plan to help you continue strongly into recovery. If you have any issues finding someone, please reach out. NEDA has a ton of resources and can help connect you with someone in your area.
Stay strong. You are amazing

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources