National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
cammy24
Looking for a “recovery buddy”

Hello!
I am 20 years old and I have been suffering from an eating disorder for the past 3 years. I am in the midst of recovery right now but am still struggling with binge/purging, restriction and body dysmorphia. I don’t really have anyone (aside from my therapist) to talk to who would understand what exactly I am going through and who makes me feel like i’m not alone or crazy. I was hoping someone would be interested in talking with me and being a pen pal or something of the sort to make this process a little less scary and so that I don’t have to feel so alone anymore :)

_admin_moderator
Welcome!

Hi! Thank you for posting. We’re sorry to hear about what’s going on as we know that recovery can be difficult. We want to let you know that per our community guidelines, we do not allow personal information such as email addresses/home addresses as a safety precaution. You're more than welcome to communicate with other members while using these forums. When you get the chance, please take a look at our community guidelines here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/forums/community-guidelines If you’re looking for resources, please feel free to contact the Helpline at (800) 931-2237. Phones are open Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM EST and Friday 11 AM-5PM EST. Our Click to Chat is open Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM EST and Friday 9AM-5PM EST. You can click the chat now option at the top right hand corner!
 Please continue posting.

julesthefox
Welcome! Know that you are so

Welcome! Know that you are so not alone.
Have you had a chance to check out the ED support groups? They can be so helpful. NEDA has a lot of resources for finding one that fits you and your schedule. I highly encourage you to check it out. You can even call the NEDA helpline if you run into issues.
Know that you always have a place on this forum too.
Keep fighting!

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources