National Eating Disorders Association

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
hermione3
Update

They recommended a treatment that is not covered by insurance and it costs more then I make in 2 weeks but is for medication resistant depression and helps PTSD. I wanT to do it I am going to try to talk to my parents but doubt they can afford it either...but no hospital. They also have a medication plan in place they would just have to monitor me closely. But the other is most likely more effective

hermione3
Ok more update my parents are

Ok more update my parents are considering the more expensive treatment. So we will see what they decide.

hermione3
Obviously no one cares...

Obviously no one cares...

Blue44
I do care

I do care about you very much. I hope that you can get the help that you need. Sorry that my reply is short. I’m just not feeling well

hermione3
I understand and thank you I

I understand and thank you I just felt alone and I know I saw your post I hope you feel better and hopefully I can get what I need or I fear the hospital is not far off

hermione3
Sorry for being dramatic just

Sorry for being dramatic just emotional right now

Blue44
No apology needed

You don’t have to apologize. It’s understandable that you would be emotional. I hope that things get better for you. I appreciate your support of me always.

hermione3
Thank you as always I am just

Thank you as always I am just a mess right now I have lots of bad thoughts and feelings that I fear if I tell my team more they will put me in the hospital... but I know I need to be honest if this treatment can help that would be a gift

_admin_moderator
hermione3

Hi hermione3, we hope things are going okay and that you can access the help you need. You described having some worrying thoughts and feelings – if you ever feel you are in crisis, please text “NEDA” to 741-741. Wishing you well, don’t hesitate to reach out and please keep posting.

Annet
Hi Hermione3, Thanks for the update!

You and all the ladies here are always on my thoughts!
I hope your parents can cover for the new treatment. If not, do not get discouraged and keep trying with whatever is available for your recovery.
Recovery is hard and we do not always have the money for treatment. In my early 20's, all ED professionals that saw me recommended my family to send me inpatient. However, my parents could not do it. Then, when I started working, they sent me again to hospital but my salary was not enough to afford it. Eventually, I got better and I have continued to be treated outpatient.

So, don't give up and keep doing your best. I am sure you will recover.

Hugs
Annet

hermione3
Thank you for the support I

Thank you for the support I don’t think I can go into the type of treatment but it is for medication resistant depression which and well PTSD as well. It’s expensive but I am hoping my parents don’t want me to end up in the hospital because I feel that is the route I am going...my team has a back up plan but we will see.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources