National Eating Disorders Association

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
karen11
I have I C and don't know what to do

I was diagnosed with this condition but never got help to maintain it. I am so scared I always has an eating disorder before this now I don't know what to do or eat don't know how to make a list or combine foods together. I used to go in the store look at ingredients but now you can't with the pandemic. I don't know what food trigger my bladder because when I eat I feel sick everytime I have gallbladder problems and iron deficiency now. The meat is scary because covid can be in it. Most foods have been recalled so I afraid to pick anything. I want to be able to eat and not get sick please help me with ideas if your going through this. I want to change this problem in my life it is affecting me so much. I don't drive going to the store is difficult and because I can't carry anything my legs are bad and going on the bus is dangerous anymore with the pandemic if I was healthier I would feel better. I don't how to manage all of this and it is not the half of it. I have so many problems and I was working on them but it got worse because of this pandemic. Now I don't know what to do I don't want surgery I dont want to take the iron pills they made me sicker. I don't want my legs to be bad I want to eat but I don't want to be in pain. I just want to be healthy

_admin_moderator
Dear karen11

We are sorry to hear you are struggling and are having some concerns. Your post has some points of concern and we wanted to encourage you to reach out to a medical professional. Additionally, we wanted to provide a list of some signs and symptoms to be aware of. The following are just some of the signs of a serious problem that demands immediate medical attention:

• accidentally or deliberately caused themselves a physical injury
  • become suicidal
  • confused thinking and is not making any sense
  • delusions (false beliefs) or hallucinations (experiencing things that aren’t there)
  • disoriented; doesn’t know what day it is, where they are or who they are
  • vomiting several times a day or has uncontrollable vomiting or diarrhea
  • experiencing dizziness or fainting spells
  • too weak to walk or collapses
  • painful muscle spasms
  • experience pain in the lower legs
  • complaining of chest pain or having trouble breathing
  • blood in their bowel movements, urine or vomit
  • a body mass index (BMI) of less than 16
  • an irregular heartbeat, and fast heartbeat, or very low heart beat (less than 50 beats per minute)
  • cold or clammy skin indicating a low body temperature or has a body temperature of less than 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit
  • experience dizziness, nausea, fever
  • wounds/cuts heal slowly
  • feel tingling in the hands or feet
  • blurred vision

If you experience anything above, we highly recommend seeking help from a medical professional as soon as possible. Seek medical help soon on an outpatient basis if you:

• have significant heartburn and/or a burning sensation after eating
  • have other gastrointestinal concerns
  • have high blood pressure
  • struggle with significant joint or muscle pain
  • have difficulty sleeping (falling and/or remaining asleep)
  • struggle with fatigue, sudden weight gain, and/or hair loss
  • have frequent urination or unquenchable thirst
  • have gained and lost significant weight repeatedly
  • have gained significant weight in a short period of time
  • struggle with chronic diarrhea or constipation

Please take care! 
If you have any other questions, concerns, or need help finding resources and additional support please feel free to call our confidential NEDA Helpline at 800.931.2237 M-Th 11am-9pm ET and F 11am-5pm ET. You can also chat with us online M-Th 9am-9pm ET and F 9am-5pm ET.

Tryingtoheal
I'm so sorry

I'm sorry you are struggling. I don't have any advice. I think the best course of action is to see your medical doctor to come up with a meal plan, as well as a registered dietitian. Everyone has a different body, so one meal plan for one person may not work on someone else. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful than that. Please keep us posted.

violettatetra
Real

I’m struggling too