National Eating Disorders Association

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tryingtoheal
Sayia

how are things going since you posted last? I've been thinking of you.

sayia_valentine
Sorry this took so long,

Sorry this took so long,

Things seem to be going okay Ish. From what he's told me things are a bit better on his end and he's working more towards recovery. However I'm struggling a bit right now because I just feel as if I have no one to talk to who understands.

Tryingtoheal
I'm sorry

have you considered therapy so you have support at this time? It's good to hear from you. I'm glad things have been improving. Keep me posted.

sayia_valentine
Thank you!

So do to the pandemic I lost my job, so currently neither me nor my fiance have insurance ((we were both in counciling before)) but once I start my new job in 2 weeks I will be able to restart going. Right now we are still looking at options for him.

Tryingtoheal
You're welcome

I'm sorry you lost your job, but at least there's something else in place. I'm glad you are looking at options.

sayia_valentine
Its okay!! Its been rough but

Its okay!! Its been rough but things are looking up, we celebrate our 5 year anniversary this month. And things do seem to be getting better. Thank you for your support ❤❤

Tryingtoheal
You're welcome!!

and congrats on your anniversary!! I've been married almost 14 years. My husband has been there since day one supporting me in my journey of eating disorder recovery. It is possible.

sayia_valentine
I appreciate this so much❤ I

I appreciate this so much❤ I have so much hope that he will recover. As much as I hate to see him struggle apart of me is happy I found out about all this so I can support and help him even more. Thank you for your support it helps so much

Tryingtoheal
I'm glad

I struggled for 30 years. After the past 4 years of going to treatment, on May 29th of this year, I finally became FREE.

sayia_valentine
I'm so glad to hear that!!!

I'm so glad to hear that!!! Congratulations!! That gives me so much hope and im so happy for you!!!

Tryingtoheal
Thank you

it was a whole lot of intense work, but so worth it. Insurance usually likes to cut people off early when in treatment, so just be aware that issue might come up. Good treatment centers will fight on your behalf.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources