National Eating Disorders Association

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blue44
Devastated

I just got bad news that I didn’t get a job that I really wanted. I’m devastated. I feel so badly about myself. I really need a job because my husband just started a new job that is a huge pay cut. He hated his old job. I have a lot of stress in my life. I’m not doing well eating disorder wise either. I feel like giving up on everything.

Tryingtoheal
Go to the er

if you are feeling this way, go to the er. Get help. You deserve it. There's nothing else that can be said. You need to do what needs to be done. Nothing will change if you don't do anything about it to help yourself. Sorry you didn't get the job.

Blue44
Thanks Tryingtoheal

I appreciate your support. I emailed my psychiatrist but she hasn’t replied yet.

Tryingtoheal
Go to the er

it shouldn't matter whether your psychiatrist sends you or you admit yourself. It will be faster if you go. Then your psychiatrist will be notified after you go or you can email while in the ambulance.

_admin_moderator
Resources

Hi Blue44,We're sorry to hear about what's going on. You are mentioning some concerning language and we are concerned about your safety. Here are some resources we encourage you to contact:

Please reach out to these resources and take care.

Annet
How are you feeling today?

I hope you asked for help. Life is full of challenges and we do not always get what we deserve/wish.
If you did not get the job you wanted, it is not the end of the world. Most likely God/the Universe have something better prepared for you. Just be patient. Take care of yourself and keep searching for jobs. I am sure you will get something good.

Hugs
Annet

Blue44
Thanks Annet

I appreciate the support and encouragement Annet. I’m not feeling any better. I’m still very upset about not being able to find a job. I have been looking for more than a year. I’m feeling very depressed.

Annet
Hi Blue44,

Were you able to talk to your phychiatrist? Maybe she/he can prescribe you with some medication to help you feel better.

Why don't you try to do something nice for yourself daily? Something that helps you forget a bit about your depression/job search?

If you are feeling down, it will be more difficult to search for a job. You just will not feel like doing it. So, we need your mood to improve so you are in better conditions to find a job.

We also want to see u happy!!!

Hugs
Annet

Blue44
Thanks Annet

I appreciate your post. My psychiatrist did reply to my email. She was concerned about me and my safety but I can’t go to the hospital because of insurance right now. In September we will have better insurance. I am on medicine but it doesn’t seem to help.

hermione3
Sorry you are struggling. I

Sorry you are struggling. I wish I could help more you deserve to be healthy and happy

Blue44
Thanks Hermione3

I appreciate your support

Tryingtoheal
Will you go

in September to the hospital if you are still feeling the same? It's interesting you haven't mentioned about the insurance until now. I completely understand because I've been there for the past 4 years.

Blue44
Hey Tryingtoheal

Yes I will go to the hospital in September if I still feel the same. I hope I can hang in there that long. It seems like a long time. Actually, I have talked about insurance before but it’s been a while. Our current insurance is terrible but in September it will be good. It’s because of our current insurance why I don’t have a therapist.

Tryingtoheal
Gocha

insurance can really get in the way of getting the help you need.

Blue44
Insurance

Yes you are right Tryingtoheal. Insurance can really get in the way of getting help. I really need help. I’m not doing well at all with my thoughts.

_admin_moderator
Blue44

Dear Blue44 – we are sorry you’re still experiencing these difficult feelings and we remain concerned about your well-being. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text "NEDA" to 741-741 if you are in crisis. We encourage you to reach out and please take care – you are not alone.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources