National Eating Disorders Association

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tryingtoheal
Annett

how are you doing today? Thinking of you.

Annet
Hi Tryingto heal,

I have been fine just pretty busy with work. It is Quarter End Close and everything happens. You know, people want everything for yesterday ;)

With regards to my eating disorder, I have not engaged on any behaviors. But I am struggling to let the ED thoughts go. I identify them and fight them. I barely act on them. But my pdoc told me that I need to "let them go" and to not dedicate too much time to them (even to fight them).

The above seems like an impossible task to me. I really want to be free from those thoughts but I still do not find a way to just "let them go"... I am still at a point where I need to fight them so I do not act on them.

On the other hand, I am dealing with some weight gain. People do not notice it but I do! I am sure you know how that feels...

Hugs
Annet

Tryingtoheal
Good to hear from you

im glad you're doing well. I'm sorry for the struggles. I definitely can relate to weight gain. You are strong. I would suggest seeking out professional help for thwe mental part of ed.

Annet
Hi Tryingto heal,

Thanks for your message. Yeah, I am working with a therapist, doctor and dietician. But still, you know that recovery is a challenge. For the first time in my life, I have 2 years really obeying them. I have been in treatment several times but at this one, I am decided to recovery.

How have you been?

Hugs
Annet

CASACERA
weight gain

the big fear, mine anyway but there is a physical discomfort that goes along with it terrible. Like needing to take a shower and not being able to. Can't get away from the discomfort of it. BTW the big "o" is major complication listed re: Covid. CC

Annet
Exactly Casacera!

We need to eat in a healthy way so our bodies are well prepared for a COVID infection. Hopefully, it does not happen but if it does, it better finds us at a healthy weight (not too low, not too high). I'm not sure if people with eating disorders have a higher risk of getting complications from COVID if infected. So, let's try to do our best to be fine. Hugs Annet

CASACERA
thank you as always Annet

At one time I was going to start a local support group and call it "Been There, Done That" CC

Annet
Hi Casacera,

I know what you mean... Unfortunately, there is not a recipe to get rid of the ED monster. If it existed, I am sure we all would be already cured. But we are so unique, that we can spend our entire lives trying to find the solution to our problem. There are people who find it faster. We have not been those people. But while we are alive, we still have hope and we are worth a try :)

Hugs to u

Hugs
Annet

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources