National Eating Disorders Association

1 post / 0 new
Help with a Awareness Book - Guardianship

Hello, I am a recovering anorexic. Today I have a different kind of thing, I am writing a book with a character over 18 and she isn't accepting it or accepting treatment. I do know you can get guardianship over them, which another character is getting over her. There is 4 types, Ive narrowed it down to two but I was wondering which would be best and also how it goes. I know you go to court, a doctor getting an evaluation of the adult/sufferer. But what does happen? How long does it last? Can it be dropped if the patient is doing better and accepting treatment? The 2 I think are the most right-- Partial Guardianship and Conservatorship. 

Thankyou so much for the help, hope that all made sense. 

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.