National Eating Disorders Association

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
iwanttolive
up from under

Hi forum family,

I just want to say that I am coming up from under the onslaught of negative thoughts and urges. I have asked for support to deal with the overeating and have been honest with God and a friend and my therapist and doctor about the urges to self harm. I used DBT skills and prayer and knowing that these things will never solve my problems. Relationship does. Family does. Not only blood family but the family of God. I am not saying that the eating is 100% better. That I love my body at this size. But I am saying that I am using a very powerful word, NO. It is an important word in many ways. YES is also a powerful word. Two very small words with a lot of power.

I am thankful for these words and being able to apply them in my life. Yes to life, no to death. "I will not die but live and declare the works of The Lord". Psalm 118:17. This is my life verse and I intend to embrace it.

Thank you for "listening".

iwanttolive

_admin_moderator
iwanttolive

Dear iwanttolive – we want to make sure to post resources since you mentioned some concerning feelings. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text "NEDA" to 741-741 if you are in crisis. We are glad you’ve asked for support and encourage you to continue to reach out if you feel you need to. Please take care – you are not alone.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources