National Eating Disorders Association

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ellaelise
Still thinking about food constantly?

Hello, this is my first post on here. I have been maintaining a healthy weight for around 4 or 5 months now. I eat whenever I am hungry and don’t restrict any foods. However, I still find myself thinking about food all the time, such as planning meals for the future and counting up the calories of food I have eaten... Even when I am having a conversation with someone, I will be thinking about food in the back of my mind. And all of this is when I am not even hungry at all. It is really exhausting, and I am scared that I will be obsessed with food forever!

Have other people also experienced this? How long did it last and what made it stop? Thank you!

2Healthy4me
Do you have an Eating Disorder

You mentioned that for the past 4-5 months you have been maintaining a healthy weight. Were you overweight prior to this? Have you ever had an eating disorder in the past?

Kind of sounds like me. Part of the mind obscesses over a secondary issue if a primary issue is not being met...

Have you recently had any serious life changes like a major breakup? Got fired from a meaningful career or job? Corona Virus?

Good Luck and welcome here to NEDA Forums.....

ellaelise
Yes I have just recovered

Yes I have just recovered from anorexia. Sorry I didn’t mention that before.

NEDA is here to support you during the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health of our community, especially those who are most vulnerable to the virus' serious complications, remains paramount. To access resources that can provide free and low-cost support, please click here.

Resources